Yeti 150 + Nomad 14 Plus Solar Kit
Goal Zero Yeti 150 Portable Power Station - A plug-and-play, silent, fume-free power station for short outages, garages, events, or wherever you need portable power. The Goal Zero Yeti 150 Portable Power Station is a gas-free source of portable power to keep lights, phones and laptops powered on through any situation.
Nomad 14 Plus Solar Panel - A 14-Watt panel reengineered to be lighter and smarter, the Nomad 14 Plus Solar Panel has the innovative technology to charge USB devices directly from the sun. Detachable kickstand for modularity and power-flow indicator ensure the best solar charging experience.
Yeti 150 Highlights
- Plug-and-play, silent, fume-free power. 150Wh, 14Ah (12V) battery capacity.
- Variety of powering options including: two USB ports, an AC outlet and 12V output.
- Recharge from the sun by connecting a compatible solar panel with these solar kits:
- Portable 12 lb (5.4 kg) power station for keeping lights, phones, and laptops charged while camping, in case of an emergency, or wherever you may need power
Nomad 14 Plus Highlights
- 14 Watt (18-22V) panel features detachable kickstand providing optimal angle placement and weatherproof layering.
- Features a dynamic auto-restart and intelligent electronics that optimize output to match the device to best charge your phone and other USB devices.
- Easy-to-read LED indicator displays the strength of solar conditions. Allows you to adjust your panel-to-sun placement for improved solar performance.
Three Ways to Charge the Yeti 150
- Recharge the power station from the sun by plugging the Nomad 14 Plus Solar Panel into the solar input port. The Nomad 14 Plus is best if you need the lightest weight, foldable solar panel and if you expect to recharge your Yeti 150 from the sun about 10-20% each day. If you are going to consume more energy daily, we recommend adding a larger solar panel
- Plug it into the wall. Fully recharges in about 6 hours
- Recharge from your car 12V adapter in about 4-6 hours
What Can the Yeti 150 Power?
The Yeti 150 is great for all your smaller devices, tablets, and laptops.
- Smartphone 9-12 Recharges
- POV Camera 25 Recharges
- Headlamp 25-50 Recharges
- Tablet 6 Recharges
- Laptop 1-2 Recharges
- Light-a-Life 50 Hours
How It Works - Nomad 14 Plus
Charging phones, batteries and other USB-powered devices from the Nomad 14 Plus is as easy as plugging in. Open the Nomad 14 Plus and face the panel toward the sun and check the Solar Intensity Indicator for current solar conditions. 2 or more lights, you're good to go. Then plug in your phone or recharger into the junction box and charge up.
All the cables you need to recharge Sherpa Power Packs and Goal Zero Yeti Portable Power Stations are included in the back of the Nomad 14 Plus. The same cable can be used to chain the Nomad 14 Plus with other chainable Nomad Plus and Nomad Solar Panels.
JUNCTION BOX + SOLAR INTENSITY INDICATOR
This is where the brains of the Nomad 14 Plus live. Several key components work together to ensure you have the best solar charging experience, including the Solar Intensity Indicator. These 4 LED lights are indicative of current solar conditions and give you an idea of how well your gear will charge.
Once you plug into the Nomad 14 Plus, the lights will blink in accordance with how fast your gear is charging. Think you should be seeing more lights? Try re-positioning the Nomad 14 Plus toward the sun and watch how the lights and speed of charge indicator change. The best charging scenario for phones and other USB-powered devices is 2 or more lights.
The Nomad 14 Plus features an auto restart that's smarter than anything else on the market. With the ability to track power flow history, the Nomad 14 Plus knows the difference between a device that has reached a fully charged state and one that disconnects due to environmental causes (i.e., lack of sunlight, shadow, solar eclipse, etc). When the latter is detected, the Nomad 14 Plus will automatically reconnect the charging device, no extra work on your part is needed.
The Nomad 14 Plus's detachable kickstand allows you to be as lightweight as you need to be. Leave it attached with the magnets and it pops out to an optimal angle for positioning toward the sun. It also provides natural shade and a vented pocket for devices you have plugged in.
Chaining panels is a great way to collect more power from the sun and recharge devices quicker. You can chain up to 150W of solar panels together, that would be about 10 Nomad 14 Plus Solar Panels; however we don't recommend more than four in a chain since there will be loss of voltage over a long distance. The farther the power has to travel through cables, from panel to panel, the more power you will lose.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: Is the Nomad 14 Plus Solar Panel Waterproof?
A: Yes. We've gone to great lengths to ruggedize the Nomad 14 Plus; including beefing up the manufacturing process with advanced lamination techniques so it'll slough off rain and snow. However, if the junction box gets soaking wet, we recommend letting it dry out before plugging in.
Q: Does the Nomad 14 Plus have a built-in battery?
A: No. We made the Nomad 14 Plus to be as modular and lightweight as possible, that meant selling batteries as an optional accessory. You can either plug your phone or device directly into the Nomad 14 Plus, or pair it with one of our rechargers to store power for later (like at night when you go inside). We recommend a Goal Zero Venture Recharger or Sherpa Power Pack with the Nomad 14 Plus.
Q: Is this chainable with other Nomad panels?
A: Yes, but only on some Goal Zero Nomad Solar Panels. You can plug the Charge Cable into the chaining ports on older Nomad Solar Panels. The Nomad 14 Plus cannot be chained with the Nomad 7 Plus or Nomad 7 Solar Panels.
Q: How does the Solar Intensity Indicator work?
A: Science. We can't give away all our secrets. For real though, our engineers developed patent-pending electronic brains for the Nomad 14 Plus that ensures you have the best solar charging experience possible. Part of the electronics include an advanced current sensor (way better than a voltmeter) and unique maximum power point tracking (MPPT) charge controller to optimize the USB output. What you need to know is when conditions are right, you can plug a phone into the Nomad 14 Plus and charge it directly from the sun. You’ll know the conditions are right by checking out the Solar Intensity Indicator.
Yeti 150 PPS Technical Specs
- Wall Charger (45W): 6 hours
- Car Charger (30W): 8 hours
- Nomad 13 Solar Panel: 26-52 Hours
- Nomad 20 Solar Panel: 17-34 Hours
- Boulder 15 Solar Panel: 22-44 Hours
- Cell Type: AGM Lead-Acid
- Peak Capacity: 168Wh (12V, 14Ah)
- Lifecycles: hundreds of cycles
- Shelf-life: Keep plugged in, or charge every 3-6 months
- Internal Battery Dimensions: 6.0in L x 3.8in W x 3.7 H
- Fuses: 20A, user replaceable fuse
- Management system Charging and low-battery protection built-in
- USB port (output): 5V, up to 2.1A (10W max), regulated
- 6mm port (output, 6mm, green, hexagon): 12V, up to 10A (120W max), regulated
- 12V car port (output): 12V, up to 10A (120W max)
- AC inverter US (output, 60Hx, modified sine wave): 110V, 0.7A (80W continuous, 160W surge max)
- charging port (input, 8mm, blue, circle):14-29V, up to 5A (60W max)
- Product SKU: 22004
- Chainable: No
- Weight: 12 lbs (5.4 kg)
- Dimensions: 7.75 x 5.75 x 6.75 in (19.7 x 14.6 x 17.2 cm)
- Operating usage temp.: 32-104 F (0-40 C)
- Certs: CE, FCC, ROHS
- Warranty 6 months
- User Guide: Download PDF - Yeti 150
Nomad 14 Plus Solar Panel Technical Specs
- Goal Zero Switch 10/Flip 10: 2.5-3 Hours
- Flip 20: 4-5 Hours
- Flip 30: 5-8 Hours
- Venture 30: 5-8 Hours
- Sherpa 50: 7-14 Hours
- Sherpa 100: 14-28 Hours
- USB Port: 5V, up to 2.4 A (12W max)
- Solar Port (8.0mm): 14-22V, up to 1A (14W max)
- Rated Power: 14W
- Open Circuit Voltage: 18-22V
- Cell Type: Monocrystalline
- Product SKU: 11804
- Weight with Kickstand: 1.9 lbs (862 g)
- Weight without Kickstand: 1.4 lbs (635 g)
- Dimensions (unfolded): 12.1 x 15.8 x 0.1 in (31 x 40 x 0.2 cm)
- Dimensions (folded): 12.1 x 7.8 x 0.5 in (31 x 20 x 1.3 cm)
- Max Leg Angle: 90 degrees
- Warranty 12 months
- User Guide: Download PDF - Nomad 14 Plus