LifeStraw Personal is designed to filter up to 1,000 liters of contaminated water into safe drinking water. It's straw-like filter draws up contaminated water into the hollow fibers trapping pathogens and producing clean drinkable water. The lightweight compact design is ideal for hiking, backpacking, camping, travel, emergency preparedness and more.
Inspired by the impact of the LifeStraw Guinea Worm filter, Vestergaard worked to develop a product that could filter out virtually all of the microbiological contaminants that make water unsafe to drink. The result was LifeStraw technology, introduced in 2005 as a personal “straw-like” filter. Designed for people in developing countries who don’t have water piped in from municipal sources or other access to safe water and emergency settings following natural disasters when water is contaminated.
For every LifeStraw product sold, Follow the Liters program donates clean, safe drinking water to a child in a developing country for an entire school year.
- Filters up to 1,000 liters (264 gallons) of water
- Removes 99.9999% of waterborne bacteria (>LOG 6 reduction), including E-Coli
- Removes 99.9% of waterborne protozoan parasites (>LOG 3 reduction), including Giardia & Cryptosporidium
- Reduces turbidity, filtering down to 0.2 microns
- Ultralight: weighs only 2oz
- Dimensions: 9' Long x 1" Wide
- Case Dimensions: 22" x 14" x 20"
- Does NOT use iodine or iodinized resin