Education - Photoluminescent Signage
Nothing is more important than the safety of our students and staff. When emergencies happen, it is critical for students and staff to find their way to safety. Additionally, these energy free EXIT signs never need:
- Batteries to test or replace
- Light bulbs to test or replace
- Additionally, monthly inspections only require a visual inspection and no longer require your maintenance/facility team to physically do the 30-second monthly test nor the annual 90-minute test
- NFPA 101 code compliant stairwell signage
- 180-degree visible fire extinguisher signage
- 180-degree visible AED signage
- ASTM e2072-E2073 compliant stairwell solutions that meet the ICC/IBC (International Building Code) standards such a patent pending Illuminating Liquid stair nosings
- IBC code compliant emergency stairwell railing covers
- IBC code compliant emergency door frame/door handle markings
- Illuminating standpipe identification signage
These signs are visually appealing and can easily be installed and moved as no wiring, junction boxes, circuits or qualified electrician is needed.
Why Integrate Photoluminescence Into Your Egress Systems?
Despite meeting local codes, most buildings and structures have insufficient emergency lighting. Complete Threat Preparedness consistently recommends the implementation of floor-level and low-level photoluminescent egress signage. During an emergency, most people instinctually drop to the ground, making low-level signage life-saving. Smoke and other conditions cause electrically-dependent emergency signage to be frequently obscured. Backup electrical systems can fail during an emergency situation due to water or heat damage. During some situations (such as the 9/11 Pentagon attack), backup power is actually intentionally disabled by first responders, in order to prevent firefighters and others from being electrocuted, or to provide a tactical advantage for law enforcement.
Photoluminescent egress products don’t rely on external power. They can provide reliable life-saving exit guidance in any conditions. Additionally, photoluminescent products are maintenance free and long lasting, eliminating the operational costs of electrically dependent signage. Using photoluminescent signage is safer, more effective, and saves CTP clients significant energy costs every year.
What Can Photoluminecent EXIT Signs Do For You?
No batteries, light bulbs, electricity, or testing
- LEED Credits
LumAware EXIT signs qualify for 3 different LEED credits: EA, MR, and ID
- Significant Cost Savings
Over electric EXIT signs
- 25 Year Warranty
Every LumAware has a 25-year warranty
- Recharged Indefinitely
With as little as 5-foot candles of ambient light, which is always available where egress lighting is required
- Exceptional Customer Service
Certified fire/building inspectors who are all available to personally assist in answering any questions or concerns with replacing traditional signs with LumAware